Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil (Egypt)
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil (Origanum majorana) from Egypt is Eco-Cultivated Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the herbs.
Origin: Marjoram is a bushy plant 15 inches tall with dark green oval leaves and small white flowers growing in clusters. Marjoram is native to the Mediterranean region, Egypt and North Africa. The major essential oil-producing countries include France, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Bulgaria, Hungary and Germany. Marjoram Essential Oil is steamed distilled from the dried plant producing a pale yellow free-flowing oil with a warm, woody, spicy aroma. The oil has been used in cosmetics, perfumes, soaps, and food products.
More Info: Marjoram Essential Oil is considered yang in Chinese medicine and warms, relieves spasms, aids digestion, and lowers high blood pressure. Its sedative-warming action makes it very useful for general body massage oils. Marjoram Essential Oil can have an especially comforting effect on the heart; it relieves the pressure on the heart allowing the heart to rest. Diluted into a massage oil Marjoram Essential Oil has analgesic properties making it useful for muscle spasm, sprains, strains, and relief from a strenuous workout.
More about this Essential Oil:
Botanical name: Origanum majorana
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Main Natural Constituents: Terpinenes, Terpineol, Sabinenes, Linalol, Carvacrol, Linalyl Acetate, Ocimene, Cadinene, Geranyl Acetate, Citral, Eugenol
Blends Well With: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Chamomile, Cypress, Cedarwood, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus
Shelf Life: 2 years
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.