Neroli Essential Oil (Orange Blossom) (Tunisia)
Neroli Essential Oil
*This oil is a special order oil and as such will take 7-14 days to ship.
Neroli Essential Oil (Citrus aurantium) from Tunisia is Eco-Cultivated Therapeutic Quality. Neroli Essential Oil is also known as “Orange Blossom Essential Oil”.
Caution must be taken when purchasing Neroli oil since many suppliers adulterate the oil to increase their profits. Even diluted, neroli oil has a strong, most incredible smell. Neroli Essential Oil is steam distilled from the flowering blossoms of the orange trees, Citrus aurantium, which have a beautiful aroma.
Neroli Essential Oil is intensely floral, sweet and exotic. Orange blossom essential oil blends well with many other essential oils. Also, Neroli Essential Oil is highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. The complexity of the aroma of Neroli Essential Oil is often appreciated in low dilutions.
Neroli oil has a sweet, floral and slightly citrusy aroma, the color is pale yellow and the viscosity is thin / watery.
Like Lavender, Neroli essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils as it has a most incredible smell.
Neroli Essential Oil is also known as ‘orange blossom’ and it takes about 1000 lbs. of orange blossoms to make 1 lb. of Neroli oil. The name is said to have originated from the Italian princess, Anne-Marie de la Tremoille (Countess of Nerola) who used the oil as a perfume and to scent her bathwater and gloves. It is still an ingredient for making traditional smelling eau-de-cologne. Orange petals are often associated with marriage, purity and brides, as brides traditionally wore orange buds in their hair.
Botanical name: Citrus aurantium
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Blends Well With: Benzoin, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, All The Citrus Oils, Sandalwood, Rosemary and Ylang-Ylang
Shelf Life: 2 years
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
We Also Recommend
Lava Rock Beads Essential Oil Bracelet - 2 Pack - BOGO Special