Mandarin Essential Oil, Yellow (Italy)
Mandarin Essential Oil Yellow
Mandarin Essential Oil Yellow (Citrus reticulata) from Italy is conventionally cultivated Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil. It is produced by expression of the peel of the Mandarin orange. Mandarin oils have a cheerful, citrus aroma.
I find that the aromas of all the Mandarin oils have a soothing effect and I especially like to blend them with Lavender when I feel a little stressed.
Mandarin Essential Oil Yellow has a clean, citrus aroma that is not quite as sweet as that of Red Mandarin but sweeter than Green. It is yellowish in color and flows easily. For essential oil production, the fruit is harvested between late October and the end of November, before reaching maturity.
The soils and climate of Italy have been said to be especially well suited to producing Mandarin oranges that yield a very fine essential oil.
The name of the fruit, Mandarin Orange, comes from the fact that it was given as a gift to the Mandarin rulers of China.
Botanical Name: Citrus reticulata
Method of Extraction: Expressed
Blends well with: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Clove, Frankincense, Lavender, Nutmeg and Neroli
Shelf Life: 2 years
CAUTION: Some authors have suggested that this essential oil MAY be phototoxic. Tisserand and Young do NOT indicate that it is phototoxic in their book, Essential Oil Safety, 2nd Ed. (2014) but they do state that spoiled samples may produce skin sensitization. We recommend that you store this essential oil in the refrigerator if you plan on keeping it more than 3 months. You should store ALL essential oils in a dark, air tight container away from heat, light and moisture. Follow all General Safety Guidelines.
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.