*This oil is a special order oil and as such will take 7-14 days to ship.
Often incorrectly referred to as “Jasmine Essential Oil” and sometimes spelled “Jasmin”.
Our Jasmine absolute (Jasminum officinale) is a very high quality, solvent extracted Jasmine with almost none of the detectable solvent odor that is so evident in lower quality products. One of the most highly prized natural aromatics used in perfumery, the heavenly aroma of Jasmine absolute is a little stronger and more intense than our . While Jasmine enfleurage is preferred by aromatherapists for therapeutic applications, due to the absence of the minute solvent residues found in standard absolutes, some perfumers prefer Jasmine absolute for their work.
Since essential oils cannot be extracted from Jasmine flowers by either steam distillation or pressing, there is no true essential oil of Jasmine. When you see “Jasmine essential oil” advertised on some sites, it is either a misnamed Jasmine absolute or synthetic Jasmine; no exceptions.
Botanical Name: Jasminum Officinale
Method of Extraction: Solvent
Source: Flowers and Leaves
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Sandalwood, Rose and Citrus such as Orange, Lemon, Lime, and Grapefruit
Shelf Life: 4 years
Dilution: 0.7% topical max
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.