Grapefruit Essential Oil (Pink) (United States)
Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit Essential Oil (Pink) (Citrus x paradisi) from the USA is Eco-Cultivated Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the plant.
The grapefruit comes from a cultivated tree with dark green leaves and white flowers. The origin of the tree is unknown but thought to be related to the pomelo which was first brought to Spain from Asia by Arab traders in the 12th century. It traveled from there to the West Indies in the 18th century and this led to the cultivation of the grapefruit in the New World.
Grapefruit Essential Oil (Pink) derives from cold expression of the fresh peel from the fruit. It can be used in aromatherapy as well as a fragrance in perfumes and cosmetics.
Botanical name: Citrus paradisi
Method of Extraction: Expressed
Blends Well With: Lemon, Palmarosa, Bergamot, Neroli, Rosemary, Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Cardamom And Other Spice Oils
Shelf Life: 2 years
Dilution: 4% topical max
CAUTION: Using more than topical max can cause phototoxic reactions such as redness, irritation, pigmentation changes, edema, or blistering with exposure to the sun.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
We Also Recommend
Lava Rock Beads Essential Oil Bracelet - 2 Pack - BOGO Special