Ginger Essential Oil (India)
Ginger Essential Oil
Ginger Essential Oil (Zingiber officinale) from India is Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the root.
The spice known as ginger comes from a tropical perennial herb growing 2 – 4 ft high with reed-like stems, sword-like leaves and yellow flowers with purple markings. The stem grows directly from a thick tuberous rhizome, from which both the spice and essential oil are derived. Ginger is native to Southeast Asia yet grows in tropical climates through-out the world.
Ginger has been used for centuries in Asia for food preparation and medical use.
One of the first products to travel the spice route from Asia to Europe, both the Romans and Greeks used it extensively. In the 16th century the Spanish empire began cultivation of ginger in the West Indies. Jamaican ginger is considered the best type to use in cooking.
Ginger Essential Oil is warming, invigorating, and decongesting.
Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale Roscoe
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
Blends Well With: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Frankincense, Rosewood, Cedarwood, Coriander, Rose, Lime, Neroli and Orange
Shelf Life: 7 years
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.