Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil (Australia)
Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
Our Therapeutic Quality Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil (Eucalyptus radiata) is Eco-Cultivated in Australia, where it is steam-distilled from the fresh leaves of the Narrow-Leaved Peppermint tree. This evergreen tree generally reaches 120 feet in height, with gray bark that naturally peels into long strips and creamy-yellow flowers that appear in the heat of the Australian summer.
The Essential Oil of Eucalyptus Radiata is colorless to pale yellow with a sharp, fresh, slightly floral aroma that is often thought of as medicinal.
Eucalyptus Radiata was the first of the Eucalyptus family to be used to produce essential oils. It is also a good alternative to use when Eucalyptus Essential Oil is needed but one wishes to avoid overstimulation or interference with sleep.
Botanical name: Eucalyptus radiata
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
Source: Fresh Leaves
Blends well with: Lavender, Lemon, Pine, Rosemary, and Thyme
Shelf Life: 2 years
Dilution: topical max 20% (not for use with children under the age of 10)
CAUTION: Externally used and in proper dilution, Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil is generally non-irritant and non-toxic. However, the use of all eucalyptus oils should be avoided with children under the age of 10 due to potential respiratory distress and slowed respiration.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.