Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil (Australia)
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil is Eco-Cultivated from the tree’s fresh, sickle-shaped leaves and steam-distilled into our Therapeutic Quality oils.
The Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus) ranks among the tallest trees in the world. Also known as the Gum Tree or Stringy Bark, this evergreen giant has been known to reach over 300 feet in height. Originally native to Australia and Tasmania, it is now grown on most continents as a source of essential oil, sturdy lumber, and ornamental beauty.
It is from Australia that our Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil is Eco-Cultivated, the tree’s fresh, sickle-shaped leaves steam-distilled into our Therapeutic Quality oils. This thin, clear to pale yellow oil has a distinctive camphoraceous odor which is sharp and fresh. Aromatically, its fragrance is dominated by top notes that may overpower floral aromas, so it blends well with other oils such as lemon, thyme, rosemary, lavender, pine and other conifers.
Eucalyptus has a long history of medicinal use in Australia. First used by the Aborigines, the British quickly realized the astringent properties of the tree’s dried resin and used it to effectively combat outbreaks of dysentery among the newly arrived convicts.
Botanical name: Abies balsamea
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Source: Fresh leaves
Blends Well With: Lavender, Lemon, Pine, Rosemary, and Thyme
Shelf Life: 2 years
Dilution: topical max 20% (not for use with children under the age of 10)
CAUTION: Diluted properly, Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil is generally non-toxic and non-irritant. It should only be used externally and never in any manner with children under the age of 10. Avoid use around the nose, mouth, and other parts of the face. Because it stimulates the respiratory system, Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil will increase the production of respiratory fluids. To keep these fluids thin, stay well hydrated and avoid dairy products. Excessive use has been associated with overstimulation and/or insomnia. Can cause slowed respiration.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.