Basil Essential Oil (Holy)
Holy Basil Essential Oil
Holy Basil Essential Oil (Ocimum sanctum) from India (also know as Tulsi Essential Oil) is 100% pure Essential Oil known for its calming and soothing qualities.
Holy Basil Essential Oil is used in India and within Ayurvedic practices. Holy Basil is grown and distilled for aromatic, therapeutic, and spiritual purposes. Holy basil oil has an interesting aroma that is sort of like a cross between traditional Basil Oil and Clove Oil. Holy Basil contains up to 85% of Eugenole, a constituent that gives Clove Oil its characteristic aroma.
The warm, sweet aroma of Holy Basil Oil can be energizing and stimulating and works nicely when creating blends for men. Holy Basil Oil can be used to enhance focus while easing anxiety and stress but, don’t use topically – Basil Essential Oil (Holy) can be a skin irritant. Recommended for aromatic uses only.
Basil Essential Oil (Holy) should not be confused with “regular” Basil Essential Oil. The two are completely different things with entirely different properties.
Botanical Name: Ocimum sanctum
Method of Extraction: Steam distillation
Source: Flowers and leaves
Note: Middle or Top
Blends well with: Citrus and Floral oils; Bergamot, Clary Sage, Geranium, Hyssop, Lime, and Oak Moss.
CAUTION: Basil Essential Oil (Holy) can be a skin irritant so use aromatically in a diffuser, inhaler, etc.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.