Lavender Essential Oil (Bulgaria)
Lavender Essential Oil
Our Lavender Essential Oil (Bulgaria), also known as “Lavender Bulgaria”, (Lavandula angustifolia) is truly exceptional and is produced by a small grower distiller who also provides us with some great Yarrow and Rose essential oils, all eco-cultivated, of course.
Lavender is the most versatile of essential oils. No home should be without it. Our eco-cultivated Lavender Essential Oil (Bulgaria) balances your mind, calms or stimulates according to your body’s needs and is excellent for refreshing tired muscles, feet and head. Add a drop to the pillow/sheet before bed and achieve peaceful sleep.
Our Lavender Essential Oil (Bulgaria) is part of our Artisan Quality line of essential oils.
Lavender has a long history; latin derived from “lavere”, which means “to wash” (the Romans added Lavender to their bath water). Made famous by Rene-Maurice Gattefosse, who, upon burning his hand in a laboratory accident, plunged it into a container of lavender oil and immediately experienced relief. The burn healed without the usual blistering or scarring, and he became interested in the healing power of essential oils. His studies led to the publication of the book Aromatherapie, and also popularized the term aromatherapy for the study of essential oils.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is now cultivated all over the world, including France, Russia, Bulgaria, the Himalayas and Croatia. Lavender is the most popular and widely used essential oil. Not only is it remarkably gentle and effective, but it has an almost universally beloved aroma – floral, soft, and herbaceous. This is an oil everyone should have on hand.
Botanical name: Lavandula angustifolia
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Source: Flowering tops
Note: Middle to top
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Chamomile (Roman and German), Lemon, Geranium, Clove, Clary Sage, Palmarosa, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Patchouli, Clary Sage, Rose, Jasmine, Ravensara, Lemongrass, Mandarin
Shelf Life: 4 years
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.