Geranium Essential Oil (Rose) (France)
Geranium Essential Oil (Rose)
Rose Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium roseum) from France is Eco-Cultivated Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the flowers.
With its beautiful, heavy sweet aroma and nuances of rose, Geranium Essential Oil (Rose) is steamed distilled in small quantities from the flowers, leaves, and stalks of a non-hardy plant native to South Africa: Pelargonium graveolens. Rose Geranium is now grown for essential oil production in Reunion, Egypt, China, and India, as well as Italy and France.
Prior to today’s primary use in aromatherapy, the Zulus and the Hottentots of South Africa have a long history of using Pelargonium graveolens for medicinal purposes.
Botanical name: Pelargonium roseum
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Source: Flowers, Leaves, and Stalks
Blends Well With: Sweet Orange and Lavender
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.