Clove Bud Essential Oil (Madagascar)
Clove Bud Essential Oil
Clove Bud Essential Oil (Eugenia caryophylatta) from Madagascar is Eco-Cultivated Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the buds.
The familiar spice clove comes from an evergreen tree which grows up to twelve feet in height. At harvest time the branches are beaten with sticks causing the buds to fall to the ground. The buds are then gathered and dried to be used in the spice and perfume industries. The essential oil is extracted by water distillation from the buds.
Clove is believed to have originated in Indonesia and the buds were one of the earliest spices traded in the ancient world. It was used extensively in China for many ailments.
Botanical name: Eugenia aromatica
Method of Extraction: Water Distillation
Blends Well With: Rose, Lavender, Vanillin, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Bay leaf, Allspice, Ylang-ylang and Cananga
Dilution: 0.5% topical max
Shelf Life: 4 years
CAUTION: Not for use with children under the age of 2. Avoid using if taking aspirin, have bleeding disorders, are taking medications, and before or after surgery -can inhibit blood clotting.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.