Clary Sage Essential Oil (Russia)
Clary Sage Essential Oil
Native to the Mediterranean, Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) is a bushy, 3-foot high perennial or biennial herb with hairy green leaves in the shape of a heart. Its small blue flowers bloom from a sturdy stalk. The herb’s prominent place in folk medicine has earned it the alternate names “Clear Eye”, “Bright Eye” and “Clary Wort”.
Our Therapeutic Quality Clary Sage Essential Oil is Eco-Cultivated in Russia and extracted by steam distillation of the fresh flowers, never from the lower leaves. This colorless to pale yellow-green oil has a somewhat powerful aroma that is sweet and floral, nutty and herbaceous. Aromatically, it combines very well with Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Pine, Sandalwood, Vetiver, and Citrus oils.
Clary Sage Essential Oil does not contain the high percentage of toxic ketones that is found in distillations from common sage (Salvia officinalis), though the latter may safely be used in its fresh or dried form.
CAUTION: Though Clary Sage Essential Oil is non-toxic, non-irritating, and generally non-sensitizing, it may cause unpleasant side effects when combined with alcohol. Additionally, it may intensify the effects of sedatives and pain medication, as well as alcohol. Women who are pregnant, especially in the 1st trimester, are advised to avoid using this oil. Use caution when there is a history of problematic pregnancy, premature contractions, miscarriage, etc. May cause drowsiness.
Botanical name: Salvia sclarea
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Blends Well With: Juniper, Lavender, Bergamot, Cardamom, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Sandalwood, Ginger, Cedarwood, Pine, Vetiver, and Citrus oils
Shelf Life: 4 years
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.