Chamomile Essential Oil (Roman)
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
*This oil is a special order oil and as such will take 7-14 days to ship.
Chamomile Essential Oil (Roman) is also known by its alternate botanical name “Chamaemelum nobile” or "Anthemis nobilis."
It is also known as “English Chamomile” or “True Chamomile”. It is a small, fragrant, hairy-stemmed perennial herb with white daisy-like flowers.
Native to Southern and Western Europe, Roman Chamomile Essential Oil is steam distilled from the herb’s fresh flowers. These chamomile flowers have been Eco-Ethically farmed in Britain, Eastern Europe, France, Italy, Chile, and the United States.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil has a relaxing, calming scent that is fresh, warm, sweet and reminiscent of apples. Aromatically, this oil blends well with other fragrant oils such as bergamot, clary sage, eucalyptus, galbanum, jasmine, lavender, neroli, and rosemary.
CAUTION: Non-toxic and non-irritant, Chamomile Essential Oil (Roman) should nevertheless be avoided by those suffering from allergies such as ragweed or hay fever, as they are likely to also be allergic to chamomile. Women who are in their 1st trimester of pregnancy should also avoid chamomile.
Botanical Name: Anthemis nobilis
Method of Extraction: Steam distillatio
Blends Well With: Galbanum, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Lavender, Bergamot, Jasmine, Neroli, and Clary Sage
Shelf Life: 7 years
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.