Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) from Madagascar is Eco-Cultivated Therapeutic Quality Essential Oil steam distilled from the flowers.
“Complete” = the Complete distillation (all fractions).
Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is the one of the few essential oils that is always distilled in fractions. Distillation is stopped at several stages (usually 4), the essential oil produced at each stage is removed, then the distillation continues. This produces the various grades of Ylang Ylang: Extra, 1, 2, 3 and complete. Ylang Ylang Complete may be either the full, uninterrupted distillation or a blend of all the different fractions.
The oil from the first minutes of the distillation is called “Extra”. It is considered the very finest quality of Ylang Ylang and is usually preferred by aromatherapists. The same flowers can be distilled a second time for 1-2 hours for grade “1” then a third time for a few more hours for grade “2” and then some more for grade “3” with the whole process taking 12-15 hours.
Botanical name: Cananga odorata
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Sweet Orange, Petitgrain, Neroli-petitgrain, Lavender, Sandalwood, and Vetiver
Shelf Life: 7 years
Dilution: 0.8% topical max (not for use on children under the age of 2)
CAUTION: Using more than topical max can cause irritation or sensitization. Avoid using on hypersensitive, diseased, damaged skin.
General Safety Considerations:
- Do not take essential oils internally.
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (for directions on proper dilution, refer to an aromatherapy text).
- The information on this website is not intended to be used in the diagnosis, treatment or mitigation of any physical or mental illness. Essential oils are not drugs and are not appropriate for treatment of illnesses.
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should not use essential oils without first consulting an appropriately trained healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Please allow 5-7 days for shipping